Los Angeles Weather Report
Below are the current conditions, hourly temperatures, and the 7 day weather outlook for LA.
Follow these links for the 14 day forecast, weather radar Los Angeles, and the monthly weather report.
Los Angeles Weather is typically warm, sunny with low humidity, and visitors will need to wear protection for high UV danger to skin and eyes.
Los Angeles is a top destination for vacations with a wide variety of fun, sophisticated, and relaxing activties at almost endless tourist spots and venues. LA County offers almost 75 miles of oceanfront beaches including Santa Monica beach, Venice Beach, Malibu Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach.
Next Week Weather Forecast for LA County
Enjoy your beautiful weather in Los Angeles County.
Typical Seasonal Weather in Los Angeles
Here’s a comprehensive overview of the average weather conditions in Los Angeles for each season, including temperature ranges, humidity, UV reports, precipitation, sunshine days, pollution, storms, winds, and days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit:
In October, November and December Santa Ana winds create hot, dry compressed air with low relative humidities, high winds, and beautiful clear skies.
Fall (September to November):
- Temperature Range: Fall in Los Angeles brings relief from the summer heat. High temperatures range from 75°F (24°C) to 85°F (29°C), while lows range from 55°F (13°C) to 65°F (18°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are generally moderate in the fall, contributing to comfortable weather conditions.
- UV Reports: UV levels start to decrease but remain moderate, so sun protection is still advisable.
- Precipitation: Rainfall remains low in the fall, with minimal precipitation.
- Sunshine Days: Fall offers a good number of sunny days, with pleasant weather for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality tends to improve in the fall compared to the summer months, leading to clearer skies.
- Storms: Like spring, fall in Los Angeles is relatively mild in terms of storms, with occasional rainfall.
- Winds: The fall season is known for the return of Santa Ana winds, which can bring dry, gusty conditions.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Fall temperatures are generally milder, with fewer days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit compared to summer.
Winter (December to February):
- Temperature Range: Winters in Los Angeles are mild, with high temperatures ranging from 65°F (18°C) to 70°F (21°C). Nighttime temperatures can dip to 45°F (7°C) to 55°F (13°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are relatively low during the winter months.
- UV Reports: UV levels are lower in winter compared to summer but can still be significant, so some sun protection may be needed on sunny days.
- Precipitation: Winter is the rainy season in Los Angeles, and it experiences the most significant storms and rainfall during this time. Average monthly precipitation ranges from 2 to 3 inches.
- Sunshine Days: While winter can have some overcast days, there are still a good number of sunny days in Los Angeles during this season.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality can vary in winter, but it is often better than in the summer months due to cooler temperatures and less smog.
- Storms: Winter can bring periods of strong winds, especially during storms and Santa Ana wind events.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Winter is the coolest season in Los Angeles, and days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are rare during this time.
Spring (March to May):
- Temperature Range: Spring in Los Angeles offers mild and pleasant temperatures. Highs typically range from 65°F (18°C) to 75°F (24°C), while nighttime lows range from 50°F (10°C) to 55°F (13°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are moderate during spring, providing comfortable conditions for outdoor activities.
- UV Reports: UV levels start to increase in spring, so sun protection is advisable when spending time outdoors.
- Precipitation: Spring is one of the wetter seasons in Los Angeles, with occasional rainfall. Average precipitation ranges from 1 to 2 inches per month.
- Sunshine Days: Spring offers a good number of sunny days, with most days being clear or partly cloudy.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality in spring is generally better than in the summer months, with fewer smoggy days.
- Storms: Significant storms are less common in spring, but occasional rain showers can occur.
- Winds: Spring in Los Angeles is known for mild to moderate winds, with strong winds being relatively rare.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: In spring, temperatures over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are rare, with most days falling within the mild to warm range.
Summer (June to August):
- Temperature Range: Summers in Los Angeles are hot and dry. High temperatures can soar to 85°F (29°C) to 95°F (35°C) or even higher, especially in inland areas. Nighttime temperatures remain warm, usually between 60°F (16°C) and 70°F (21°C).
- Humidity: The air tends to be dry during the summer months, with low humidity levels.
- UV Reports: UV levels are high during summer, necessitating sun protection, including sunscreen and hats, when outdoors.
- Precipitation: Los Angeles experiences very little rainfall during the summer, with virtually no precipitation in most months.
- Sunshine Days: Summer in Los Angeles is characterized by an abundance of sunny days, making it a popular time for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Los Angeles often experiences higher levels of air pollution in the summer, leading to smoggy conditions at times.
- Storms: Summer is the dry season in Los Angeles, and significant storms are rare during this time.
- Winds: While Los Angeles can experience occasional Santa Ana winds in the summer, they are not a constant feature of the season.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Summer in Los Angeles is known for its hot weather, with many days seeing temperatures over 90 degrees Fahrenheit, especially in inland areas.
Los Angeles’ climate varies slightly between coastal areas and inland areas, with coastal areas generally experiencing milder temperatures.
LA’s weather is a big draw for millions of tourists every year.
Weather Forecasts | Honolulu Weather Forecast | San Diego Weather Forecast | San Jose Weather Outlook | Denver Weather Outlook | San Francisco Weather Forecast | Chicago Weather Forecast | Austin Weather Forecast | 7 Day Forecast | 14 Day Forecast | Winter Weather Predictions | NOAA/Accuweather/FarmersAlmanac| Ryan Hall Y’all Youtube | November December Weather