Miami Weather Forecast
Beautiful cosmopolitan Miami Florida offers a warm climate year-round, which is perfect for snowbirds and foreign tourists looking to escape colder winter climates and bask in the subtropical sunshine.
Summers in Miami are hot and humid, yet winters are mild and comfortable. Miami’s beautiful beaches are a big draw along with the city’s latin culture and entertainment.
Being thrust into the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Miami rarely experiences extreme temperatures, with pleasant highs in the 70s to 80s Fahrenheit (24-31°C) during the day and milder lows at night. Summers bring afternoon thunderstorms, so tourists should be prepared for occasional rain. These storms are typically short-lived.
High humidity and strong UV rays during the summer, means tourists should stay hydrated and bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats, to avoid sunburn.
7 Day Weather Outlook for Miami FL
Here’s a detailed overview of the average weather conditions in Miami, Florida, for each season, including temperature ranges, humidity, UV reports, precipitation, sunshine days, pollution, storms, winds, and the frequency of days with temperatures over 90 degrees Fahrenheit:
Winter (December to February):
- Temperature Range: Winters in Miami are mild and comfortable. Highs typically range from 76°F (24°C) to 72°F (22°C), while nighttime lows range from 62°F (17°C) to 58°F (14°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are lower during the winter months, providing a more comfortable climate.
- UV Reports: UV levels are lower in winter but still significant on sunny days, so sun protection remains important.
- Precipitation: Winter is drier in Miami, with average monthly rainfall ranging from minimal to around 2 inches.
- Sunshine Days: Winter offers plenty of sunny days, making it a popular time for tourists.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality is generally good in the winter, with minimal pollution.
- Storms: Significant storms are rare in Miami during the winter, providing stable and enjoyable weather.
- Winds: Breezy conditions continue near the coast in winter.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are extremely rare in Miami during the winter, with mild and comfortable temperatures prevailing.
Spring Weather Forecast (March to May):
- Temperature Range: Spring in Miami is warm and gradually becomes hotter. Highs typically range from 77°F (25°C) in March to 86°F (30°C) in May, while nighttime lows range from 60°F (16°C) to 71°F (22°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels begin to rise in spring but remain moderate overall.
- UV Reports: UV levels increase as spring progresses, so sun protection is advisable.
- Precipitation: Spring is the dry season in Miami, with average monthly rainfall ranging from minimal to around 3 inches.
Sunshine Days: Miami experiences plenty of sunny days during spring, providing opportunities for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality is generally good in Miami, with minimal pollution.
- Storms: While spring is relatively dry, the occasional thunderstorm can occur, especially as the season progresses.
- Winds: Breezy conditions are common near the coast in spring.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are rare in spring, with temperatures generally comfortable for outdoor enjoyment.
Summer (June to August):
- Temperature Range: Summers in Miami are hot and humid. Highs typically range from 88°F (31°C) to 91°F (33°C), with nighttime lows between 73°F (23°C) and 77°F (25°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are high during the summer, creating a tropical and muggy atmosphere.
- UV Reports: UV levels are very high during the summer, requiring diligent sun protection.
- Precipitation: Summer is the wet season in Miami, with frequent afternoon thunderstorms. Average monthly rainfall ranges from 6 to 8 inches.
- Sunshine Days: While there are sunny days, summer also brings a higher chance of overcast conditions due to afternoon storms.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality remains generally good in summer but may be impacted by localized pollution from urban areas.
- Storms: Miami experiences frequent thunderstorms in the summer, with heavy rainfall, lightning, and occasional gusty winds.
- Winds: Breezy conditions continue near the coast during the summer months.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are common in Miami during the summer, with high humidity making it feel even hotter.
Fall (September to November):
- Temperature Range: Fall in Miami is still warm and gradually becomes milder. Highs range from 88°F (31°C) in September to 81°F (27°C) in November, while nighttime lows range from 73°F (23°C) to 67°F (19°C)
- Humidity: Humidity levels remain high in early fall but start to decrease as the season progresses.
- UV Reports: UV levels decrease slightly in the fall, but sun protection is still advisable.
- Precipitation: Early fall can be wet, with frequent afternoon storms, but rainfall gradually decreases. Average monthly rainfall ranges from 6 to 4 inches.
- Sunshine Days: Fall offers a mix of sunny and overcast days, making it a pleasant time for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality is generally good in the fall, with minimal pollution.
- Storms: Early fall can bring frequent thunderstorms, but the frequency decreases later in the season.
- Winds: Breezy conditions continue, especially near the coast.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit become less common as fall progresses, with milder temperatures.
Miami’s weather offers a tropical and beach-friendly climate, making it a popular destination for tourists year-round. While summers can be hot and humid with frequent afternoon storms, fall and winter provide milder and more comfortable conditions for outdoor activities. Miami’s vibrant culture, beautiful beaches, and diverse attractions are accessible in a climate that encourages exploration and enjoyment.
Weather Forecasts | Orlando Weather Forecast | Jacksonville Weather Forecast | Nashville Weather Outlook | Dallas Forecast | San Antonio Forecast | New Orleans Forecast | Memphis Weather Forecast | Tampa Weather Forecast | Los Angeles Weather Forecast | Charlotte Weather Forecast | Austin Weather Forecast | 7 Day Forecast | 14 Day Forecast | Ryan Hall Y’all | Winter Forecast