Phoenix Weather Forecast
Phoenix is known for its abundant sunshine, making it an ideal destination for tourists seeking a sun-soaked vacation. You’ll need to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the intense desert sun in every month of the year.
Summers in Phoenix can be scorching, with temperatures often exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37°C) or more. Fall and Winter offer more more pleasant and comfortable temperatures, making those months preferred for outdoor activities, hiking, and exploring the city’s attractions.
Fortunately, Phoenix enjoys low humidity levels all 12 months of the year.
Weather Outlook Next 7 Days in Phoenix AZ
Seasonal Weather Conditions for the Greater Phoenix Area
Here’s a detailed overview of the average weather conditions in Phoenix, Arizona, for each season, including temperature ranges, humidity, UV reports, precipitation, sunshine days, pollution, storms, winds, and the frequency of days with temperatures over 90 degrees Fahrenheit:
Winter (December to February):
- Temperature Range: Winters in Phoenix are mild and pleasant. Highs range from 65°F (18°C) to 70°F (21°C), while lows range from 45°F (7°C) to 50°F (10°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are relatively low during the winter months.
- UV Reports: UV levels are lower in winter but still significant, so sun protection is advisable on sunny days.
- Precipitation: Winter is the wettest season in Phoenix. Average monthly rainfall ranges from 1 to 1.5 inches.
- Sunshine Days: Winter offers a good number of sunny days, making it enjoyable for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality is generally good in winter, with cooler temperatures helping to disperse pollutants.
Storms: Winter can bring occasional rainstorms and even some snowfall in higher elevations surrounding the city.
- Winds: While not as windy as spring, some breezy conditions can occur in winter.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are rare in Phoenix during the winter.
Fall (September to November):
- Temperature Range: Fall brings relief from the summer heat. Highs range from 95°F (35°C) in September to 75°F (24°C) in November. Lows range from 65°F (18°C) to 50°F (10°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels remain low, contributing to comfortable weather conditions.
- UV Reports: UV levels decrease slightly in the fall, but sun protection is still advisable.
- Precipitation: Fall remains relatively dry, with occasional brief rain showers. Average monthly rainfall remains low.
- Sunshine Days: Fall continues to offer plenty of sunny days, ideal for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality is generally good in the fall, with cooler temperatures helping to reduce pollution.
- Storms: Fall is not typically associated with major storms in Phoenix, though occasional thunderstorms can occur.
- Winds: Gentle breezes are common in the fall, with less wind compared to spring.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Fall temperatures are generally milder, with fewer days exceeding 90 degrees Fahrenheit compared to summer.
Spring (March to May):
- Temperature Range: Spring in Phoenix is characterized by warm temperatures. Highs typically range from 75°F (24°C) in March to 95°F (35°C) in May, while nighttime lows range from 50°F (10°C) to 70°F (21°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels in spring are generally low, contributing to the dry desert climate.
- UV Reports: UV levels start to increase in spring and can become very high, so sun protection is essential.
- Precipitation: Spring is one of the drier seasons in Phoenix. Average monthly rainfall ranges from minimal to around 0.3 inches.
- Sunshine Days: Spring offers plenty of sunshine and clear skies, making it a great time for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Phoenix can experience occasional air quality issues, especially during hot, stagnant days, but pollution levels are generally moderate.
- Storms: While spring is relatively dry, occasional dust storms (haboobs) and thunderstorms can occur, particularly in late spring.
- Winds: Windy conditions are common in spring, especially during dust storms and thunderstorms.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: In spring, temperatures exceeding 90 degrees Fahrenheit become more frequent as the season progresses.
Summer (June to August):
- Temperature Range: Summers in Phoenix are extremely hot. High temperatures often soar above 100°F (37°C), with some days reaching 110°F (43°C) or higher. Nighttime lows range from 75°F (24°C) to 85°F (29°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are low, but the intense heat can make the air feel dry and uncomfortable.
- UV Reports: UV levels are extremely high during the summer months, requiring vigilant sun protection.
- Precipitation: Summer is the dry season in Phoenix, with minimal rainfall. Monsoon season starts in July and brings brief, intense thunderstorms.
- Sunshine Days: Phoenix experiences an abundance of sunshine during the summer, making it a sunbather’s paradise.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality can be a concern during the summer, especially on hot, stagnant days. Ozone levels may rise.
- Storms: Monsoon season, which runs from July to September, can bring sudden, localized thunderstorms with heavy rain and strong winds.
- Winds: Windy conditions are common during monsoon storms, with strong gusts during dust storms.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: In summer, most days in Phoenix exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit, and prolonged periods of extreme heat are common.
Phoenix’s weather, with its dry heat and abundant sunshine, makes it a popular destination for tourists, especially during the fall and winter months when the temperatures are milder. However, visitors should be prepared for extremely hot conditions in the summer, making outdoor activities more comfortable during the cooler seasons.
Weather Forecasts | Honolulu Weather Forecast Los Angeles Weather Forecast | San Antonio Weather Outlook | Denver Weather Outlook | San Francisco Weather Forecast | El Paso Weather Forecast | Austin Weather Forecast | 7 Day Forecast | 14 Day Forecast | Winter Weather Predictions | Ryan Hall Weather Video | NOAA/Accuweather/FarmersAlmanac | November December Weather