Tampa Weather Forecast
The Tampa Bay region comprises Tampa, St Petes, Sarasota, and Bradenton, a favorite destination for snowbirds and retirees, especially in the fall, winter and spring seasons.
The snowbirds often prefer the quieter lifestyle in the Gulf coast cities in contrast to Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando. It’s more than just beaches too as beautiful golf courses, parks, and luxury rentals and homes are abundant.
Summers in Tampa and the Bay cities are hot and humid, with high temperatures, high humidity, and frequent afternoon thunderstorms.
Tampa, Long Key, Siesta Key, Indian Rocks, Clearwater Beach, St Petes Beach are stunning stretches of white sand beaches along the Gulf of Mexico.
Winters in Tampa are mild and Tampa rarely experiences extreme temperatures, with pleasant highs and milder lows throughout the year. UV rays are strong in Tampa, so sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats are advisable.
7 Day Weather Forecast
Seasonal Weather in Tampa FL
Here’s a detailed overview of the average weather conditions in Tampa, Bradenton and St Petes, Florida, for each season, including temperature ranges, humidity, UV reports, precipitation, sunshine days, pollution, storms, winds, and the frequency of days with temperatures over 90 degrees Fahrenheit:
Winter (December to February):
- Temperature Range: Winters in Tampa are mild and comfortable. Highs typically range from 71°F (22°C) to 64°F (18°C), while nighttime lows range from 51°F (11°C) to 47°F (8°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are lower during the winter months, providing a more comfortable climate.
- UV Reports: UV levels are lower in winter but still significant on sunny days, so sun protection remains important.
- Precipitation: Winter is drier in Tampa, with average monthly rainfall ranging from minimal to around 2 inches.
- Sunshine Days: Winter offers plenty of sunny days, making it a popular time for tourists.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality is generally good in the winter, with minimal pollution.
- Storms: Significant storms are rare in Tampa during the winter, providing stable and enjoyable weather.
- Winds: Breezy conditions continue near the coast in winter.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are extremely rare in Tampa during the winter, with mild and comfortable temperatures prevailing.
Fall (September to November):
- Temperature Range: Fall in Tampa is still warm but gradually becomes milder. Highs range from 88°F (31°C) in September to 79°F (26°C) in November, while nighttime lows range from 72°F (22°C) to 59°F (15°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels remain high in early fall but start to decrease as the season progresses.
- UV Reports: UV levels decrease slightly in the fall, but sun protection is still advisable on sunny days.
- Precipitation: Early fall can be wet, with frequent afternoon storms, but rainfall gradually decreases. Average monthly rainfall ranges from 6 to 4 inches.
- Sunshine Days: Fall offers a mix of sunny and overcast days, making it a pleasant time for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality is generally good in the fall, with minimal pollution.
- Storms: Early fall can bring frequent thunderstorms, but the frequency decreases later in the season.
- Winds: Breezy conditions continue, especially near the coast.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit become less common as fall progresses, with milder temperatures.
Spring (March to May):
- Temperature Range: Spring in Tampa is warm and gradually becomes hotter. Highs typically range from 75°F (24°C) in March to 88°F (31°C) in May, while nighttime lows range from 53°F (12°C) to 68°F (20°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels start to rise in spring but generally remain moderate.
- UV Reports: UV levels increase as spring progresses, so sun protection is advisable.
- Precipitation: Spring is relatively dry, with average monthly rainfall ranging from minimal to around 2 inches.
- Sunshine Days: Tampa experiences plenty of sunny days during spring, making it ideal for outdoor activities.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality is generally good in Tampa, with minimal pollution.
- Storms: While spring is relatively dry, occasional thunderstorms can occur, especially in May.
- Winds: Breezy conditions are common near the coast in spring.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are rare in spring, with mild and comfortable temperatures prevailing.
Summer (June to August):
- Temperature Range: Summers in Tampa are hot and humid. Highs typically range from 88°F (31°C) to 92°F (33°C), with nighttime lows between 73°F (23°C) and 76°F (24°C).
- Humidity: Humidity levels are high during the summer, creating a tropical and muggy atmosphere.
- UV Reports: UV levels are very high during the summer, requiring diligent sun protection.
- Precipitation: Summer is the wet season in Tampa, with frequent afternoon thunderstorms. Average monthly rainfall ranges from 6 to 8 inches.
- Sunshine Days: While there are sunny days, summer also brings a higher chance of overcast conditions due to afternoon storms.
- Air Quality/Pollution: Air quality remains generally good in summer but may be impacted by localized pollution from urban areas.
- Storms: Tampa experiences frequent thunderstorms in the summer, with heavy rainfall, lightning, and occasional gusty winds.
- Winds: Breezy conditions continue near the coast during the summer months.
- Days Over 90 Degrees: Days over 90 degrees Fahrenheit are common in Tampa during the summer, with high humidity making it feel even hotter.
The Tampa/St Petes/Sarasota is an increasingly popular destination with the beaches of Long Boat Key, Siesta Key and Anna Maria Island providing tourists with endless relaxation during their vacations.
Weather Forecasts | Miami Weather Forecast | Orlando Weather Forecast | Jacksonville Weather Forecast | Nashville Weather Outlook | Dallas Forecast | San Antonio Forecast | New Orleans Forecast | Memphis Weather Forecast | Los Angeles Weather Forecast | Charlotte Weather Forecast | Austin Weather Forecast | 7 Day Forecast | 14 Day Forecast | Ryan Hall Y’all Weather Forecast | Winter Forecast